MORPHOLOGICAL AND BEHAVIORAL PLASTICITY OF LARVAL ANURANS
occupancy estimates of winter-breeding anurans were investigated in the western Piedmont of North Carolina. Our goal was to use knowledge of factors affecting calling... Second, because of the heavily male-biased operational sex ratio typical for breeding aggregations of prolonged breeding anurans (Wells, 2007), even small (i.e., low-in- tensity) choruses will
Kerri L. Oseen · Richard J. Wassersug Environmental
Acoustical and environmental data were sampled hourly for 4 months during the breeding season in 1997. Logistic regression analyses indicated that each species responded to a unique combination of meteorological variables, even when calling concurrently. Calling in the spring breeding species,... 523 Ecology, 82(2), 2001, pp. 523–540 q 2001 by the Ecological Society of America MORPHOLOGICAL AND BEHAVIORAL PLASTICITY OF LARVAL ANURANS IN …
HABITAT AND LANDSCAPE CHARACTERISTICS UNDERLYING
component but are also influenced by environmental factors. The larger the genetic component of a trait, the higher the chance that desirable characteristics will be passed on from parent to offspring. The aim of selective breeding is to improve groups of animals so that the results are maintained within the population in future generations. Traits considered beneficial are similar across 2011 cssa general mathematics trial solutions pdf human-induced environmental factors as a component of the integrated system of malaria life cycle on malaria vector breeding in the Urban. The human population system is divided into three categories of the epidemiological model: susceptible,
Variation in breeding success in Wilson's storm petrels
anurans was analyzed using the Shannon-Wiener index, evenness and Berger – Parker dominance. The anurans were The anurans were sampled from October 2008 to September 2009, using the following sampling methods: sampling at breeding sites, major global environmental issues pdf phytotelm-breeding anurans: past, present and future research Richard M. Lehtinenl*, Michael J. Lannoo2 and Richard J. Wassersug3 ' University ofMichigan Museum ofZoology, Division ofReptiles andAmphibians, 1109 Geddes Avenue, Ann Arbol; Michigan 48109-1079, U.S.A.
How long can it take?
Environmental factors influencing calling in sympatric anurans
- Environmental land cover and land use constraints PeerJ
- Monitoring of breeding in Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis
- HABITAT AND LANDSCAPE CHARACTERISTICS UNDERLYING
- Topographic and edaphic effects on the distribution of
Environment Factors Breeding Anurans Pdf
Abstract Our objective was to develop a long-term monitoring program that quantified anuran population trends in Rhode Island. Because road-based, manual call surveys are widely used in North America to monitor anurans, we assessed the efficacy of using this method to monitor the impact of anthropogenic change of anuran populations in the state.
- abiotic correlates of anuran calling phenology: the importance of rain, temperature, and season
- Ecology and Evolution of Phytotelm-Breeding Anurans - Download as PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online. Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan, 193.
- Abstract. The diel and seasonal calling activities of anurans are regulated by several environmental factors. We studied the effect of environmental factors on patterns of calling behavior of six sympatric frogs in an area of Atlantic rain forest at Ilha Grande, south of Rio de Janeiro state, Brazil.
- Read "Callers and satellites: chorus behaviour in anurans as a stochastic dynamic game, Animal Behaviour" on DeepDyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips.